About the Course
During the Intensive Study Week (ISW) students are placed together in closed groups for short periods. Students attend class for 15 hours (3 hours per day) per week, this is broken into 2 lessons of 1.5 hours each.
The first lesson is a topic-based, general English class and the second lesson is based on aspects of Irish culture, which is linked to the trips/tours students will do during their time here. Both lessons are designed to be communicative and interactive and age appropriate.
We do not impose a single set approach to language teaching, but rather follow the current trend of principled eclecticism. Materials for the general English lesson are chosen from modern course books to reflect current trends in language teaching methodologies.
The course is designed for 3 levels – low (A1/A2), mid (B1/B2-), high (B2+/C1).
As students are placed in closed groups, it is not always possible to have students in class according to their actual language level. For this reason, it is up to the teacher to adapt the material up or down, appropriate to the students in a particular class. Teachers use a variety of communicative techniques and teaching strategies to ensure that weaker students are adequately supported while stronger students still feel challenged and stay engaged during lessons. We choose topics which are relevant to students’ lives and experiences, and which will allow for personalisation of the topics in class. This is vital for student engagement and motivation during lessons.
1-week ISW Package includes:
- Return Airport Transfers (Dublin International Airport)
- Welcome Pack
- Welcome Induction
- Level Test
- 15 Hours of General English tuition per week
- Maximum 15 Students per Class
- Free Internet/Wi-Fi
- Access to School Facilities/Administration
- 7 Nights Full Board Host Family Accommodation (Shared room for students/Single room for leaders)
- 1 Leader free per 15 Students
- 1 Guided Tour of Dublin City with Professional Tour Guide
- 4 Afternoon Activities (1 includes entrance fee, 3 will be free. An ALL-staff member can accompany groups at additional cost)
- 1 Evening Activity (Includes entrance fee. An ALL-staff member can accompany groups at additional cost)
- 1 Full Day Excursion (An ALL-staff member can accompany groups at additional cost)
- Certificate on Completion
- 24 Hour Student Support/Emergency Number
- Fun and a memorable experience guaranteed
- Medical Insurance
- Commuter Ticket
- Individual airport transfers
- Exam fees